联 系 人：黎老师
Adjacent to the Pearl River and the South China Sea, Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU) was established by Dr. Sun Yat-sen, the founding father of modern China, in 1924. It has become a cradle for talents, a center for knowledge and technology innovation, and a base for cultural inheritance and innovation in Southern China. As a university directly under the Ministry of Education, SYSU has been supported by the joint effort of both the Ministry and Guangdong Province, and become recognized as a top university in China as well as a comprehensive university with international reputation. With three main sites (Guangzhou, Zhuhai, Shenzhen), five campuses and eight affiliated hospitals, SYSU is now standing on a new starting point and striving to become one of the world-class research universities. To build a teaching and research team at world-class level, SYSU is now recruiting National Youth 1000 Talents worldwide.
1. The candidate should major in Natural Sciences or Engineer Technologies and below 40 years old.
2. The candidate should have at least three years of research experience overseas.
3. The candidate should hold a formal teaching or research position in a research position in a well-known university, institute or R&D institution.
4. The candidate should be a top talent among his/her peers, with the potential of becoming a leader in the specific academic or research fields.
5. The candidate should work full time in China once employed by SYSU.
6. A fresh graduate with outstanding research results during his/her doctoral study, or other outstanding achievements can be employed regardless of age and work experience.
II Working and Living Conditions Provided by SYSU
SYSU will provide favourable working and living conditions for the National Youth 1000 Talents.
1. In accordance with regulations issued by the Ministry of Finance, the selected candidate will receive a one-time allowance of 500,000RMB. In addition, based on disciplinary and individual ability differences, the candidate will receive 1,000,000 to 3,000,000 RMB as research funding, and be entitled to other national and provincial preferential policies and subsidies.
2. SYSU will provide initial funding support according to the current conditions and practical need of the specific discipline. The university will also provide competitive salary (negotiable face to face), social insurance, medical care, vacation and other welfare. The eligible candidate will receive monetary housing allowance. Temporary accommodation may also be available for rent for the candidate.
III Documents for Application
1. An academic and work CV, including main achievements and contacts.
2. Teaching and research plan.
3. A list of all the published papers (note the first author and corresponding author). Full text of three to five representative papers and other proof of achievements.
4. Three recommendation letters by famous experts. Please provide the name, institution and email of the experts.
5. Other supporting materials deemed necessary.
The recruitment of “National Youth 1000 Talents” is open all year round. Applicants are most welcomed to get in contact.
Address: Office of Cultivation and Professional Development, Human Resources Department, Sun Yat-sen University, 135 Xingangxi Rd, Guangzhou, China
Contact: Ms. Li